The car park is located to the right of the surgery and is for use of patients visiting the practice. Disabled parking is available in the car park nearest the door.
SERVICES FOR DISABLED PATIENTS
The building is fully compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act. The disabled toilet is located at the far end of reception and alarmed for emergencies. The surgery entrance doors are automatic.
SELF CHECK IN
When you arrive at the surgery, you may use the self check in screen in reception to let the doctors/nurses know that you have arrived. Reception staff are always willing to help if you are having difficulties.
PATIENT CALL SYSTEM
The media board will display and call patients in to the doctors room. If you are unable to see the board, please inform reception, and the doctor will come out to call you in.
PATIENT INFORMATION AREA
This can be found at the back of the waiting room. It has 2 computers for patient use to be able to access health related information. The staff can help you if you are unsure about using the computers at first. There are also several leaflets and information for patients in this area. There is a gate to the area with the aim to deter children from going in and out of it...but please don't let this put you off going in.
CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA
We hope your children enjoy using this area whilst you and they are waiting to see the doctor. There is a selection of books and some wall mounted toys together with reading table and chairs. We want you and your children to feel free to use the play area, but please do supervise children whilst they are playing.
BABY CHANGING AND FEEDING ROOM
This is near the children's play area and has a dedicated changing couch, bins and a chair for feeding. We welcome mothers who wish to breastfeed their babies and the room is available to use if you wish but if you are happy to feed in the waiting room, that is absolutely fine.
EQUIPMENT FOR LOAN
A number of blood pressure monitors and TENS machines (for pain relief) are available at reception for patients to borrow. A £10 deposit is required and will be refunded on return of the machine.
WEIGHING SCALES & BP MACHINE
The machine is for patient use, and is located in the Patient Information area. Please feel free to use this any time you wish; if you need assistance, the reception staff will be happy to help you. The machine will give you a print out of your weight and blood pressure, and if you would like these results to be recorded in your notes, please inform reception. If you have any concerns after receiving your results, please make an appointment to see a Healthcare assistant in the first instance.
BEHIND THE SCENES
We have invested in numerous technologies and systems to help us offer the best patient care. These include:
- System One – patient records system. Through this, we have limited communication with Kingsmill Hospital, the health visitors and district nurses.
- Choose & Book (Electronic Referral) – if you require referral to a specialist, this will be done through Choose & Book which allows you to easily choose the hospital and appointment day/time of your choice.
- Document Scanner – all letters from hospitals and outside agencies are scanned on to your records, allowing easier access to them during your consultation.
- Digital Dictation – allows letters dictated by the GPs to be typed up quickly.
- Electronic ordering of tests – blood test and X-ray/ultrasound requests can now be done electronically.