At Brierley Park Medical Centre we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and equally to give you an effective service that is sensitive to your needs. The doctors are committed to providing high quality medical care and we are assisted by efficient and friendly staff. We strive to deliver a “Best Practice” standard of care by providing suitable patient consultations to establish an appropriate diagnoses, treatment and care plans - a service which is further enhanced by patient participation, continuous improvement and staff involvement. In order to achieve this, the following objectives have been set:
- To provide a full range of access options to ensure patients get appropriate, timely, high quality care as per the GMS contract.
- To provide a service that incorporates patients’ suggestions.
- To respect the individuality of patients.
- To respond positively to feedback from patient.
- To continuously seek ways in which services can be improved.
- To protect patients and staff from hazards and abuse.
- To build and retain a stable, committed and highly trained workforce.
Brierley Park Medical Centre is a well-established surgery and in 2013 moved into a purpose built modern surgery that is fully DDA compliant and offers a unique patient information facility whereby patients can access health websites on computers in this designated area.
We are a GMS (General Medical Services) practice serving just over 9,000 patients.
We are a 4 Partner Practice, with 3 salaried GPs. We are also a training practice taking on Registrars on a quarterly rotational basis. Registrars are fully qualified Doctors working under the supervision of our GP Trainers. We also take on Foundation doctors as part of their training.
The Practice also employs a Management Team, Nurse Practitioner, two Practice Nurses, a Trainee Nursing Associate and a team of Receptionists, Secretaries and Admin staff and is supported by Care Trust staff, including a Midwife, Health Visitors, a Pharmacist, District Nurses and counsellors.
The Practice offers a wide range of Enhanced Services including minor surgery and sexual and reproductive health, minor injuries, extended hours from 7:00am Monday – Friday. The practice also offers extended pre-bookable access to our registered patient list until 8:00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings 9:00am – 12 noon at the following sites:-
- Kings Medical Centre
- Skegby Family Medical Centre
- Woodlands Medical Practice
There is also a Sunday service available again for pre-bookable appointments.
These appointments are bookable through your registered surgery reception.